Thursday, October 25, 2012

More Stormwalker to come

I have had emails from a few readers concerned that Stormwalker will not continue past Nightwalker because it was self-published.

I'm pleased to say that I have plans to continue the series, including stories that will get into other POVs (eg., Mick, Nash and others). I'm happy with the response to Nightwalker thus far (sales, reader feedback, and reviews), and I have many more ideas for this series and the characters..

Also, I LOVE self-pubbing. So I'm not worried if I don't find another publisher for the series. I'm happy to do it on my own.

Self-pubbing means I can keep the ebook price reasonable, and I can offer a print edition orderable through Amazon (or directly through me if you don't want to use Amazon).

So--Stormwalker will continue! I'm debating the title for the next one, which will involve Gabrielle a bit more. More on that when I know it. Plus I'm working on a couple shorter books.

I am working on a flurry of things for Berkley at the moment (Shifters long and short books; Mackenzies books) but when that lets up, I'll be back with Stormwalker, and the Shareem too!

Best,

Allyson James
http://www.allysonjames.com






9 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Aurian said...

I've bought the ebook from Smashwords, but I would love a print edition. I can't use Amazon, as they don't have PayPal.
What to do?
auriansbooks at gmail dot com

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

You can order books directly from me with Paypal. Email me at allysonjames @ cox . net (no spaces) to get the details. Books are $9.99 + $2.00 shipping.

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Aurian said...

I think shipping to Holland will be a lot more expensive? Will the book ever be available at Bookdepository?

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Sandra @ DarkUrbanFantasy said...

Excellent news!

(I wish more of your colleagues were comfortable with self-publishing.)

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Marty said...

So happy to hear you are comfortable self publishing, and the price for the Kindle edition was terrific! Instead of sharing with my sister she was able to just order her own cause the price was in her range. Thanks!

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Brenda said...

All I can say is that I love, love, LOVE the Stormwalker series. Living in Arizona makes the story even more special. In fact, I liked Nightwalker so much, it prompted me to go back and start re-reading the previous ones. I saved my paperbacks because I knew I would want to at some point. The second time around is even better! Totally ecstatic to hear that you're not giving up on Mick and Janet. And yes, I am hoping that there is a little fire-breathing dragon in their future. Thank you for these terrific characters and keeping them going for us.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Lola said...

Is Nightwalker only available in the "quality paperback" size, or will it be available in the mass market size? I LOOOVE mass market, because they're easy to hold, to read in bed, to carry in my purse or the diaper bag...

Thanks!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer Ashley/ Allyson James / Ashley Gardner said...

Lola: No, I'm afraid it won't be mass market. I published Nightwalker myself, and my only choice was the trade size paperback (it is the smallest size they'd allow--5 x 8). If someday another publisher picks it up, they might issue mass market, but I'm not anticipating that any time soon (if at all). The 5 x 8s are smaller than a regular sized trade ppk you'd see in a bookstore, though bigger than mm.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the storm walker series !!! I read book 4 first , so then I had to buy the first 3, an I just finished all of them and can't wait for more to come.I think I will try your Dragon series now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home